Cardinal Santos Medical Center: My Thoughts

I feel it is not exactly right for me to comment one way or another on my stay at the Cardinal Santos Medical Center. It is not as if I have had major surgery at enough different hospitals that my opinion should matter.

That said, I just want to say that I experienced nothing that would make me want to avoid this particular medical institution in the future.

First of all, I am perfectly cognizant that the way a patient will define "efficient" will always be different from the way a hospital will define "efficient." In the end, we have to respect a hospital's efficiency because this is the only way they can be profitable, and it is only with profitability that they can make continuing investments in medical technology. Ultimately, it is what will make us a stronger, healthier society.

In the same vein, I will always try to answer even the most innane question from a medical intern or a nursing trainee. This is part of an educational process that will ensure continuing quality care for those who come after us, most expecially our children and their children.

At the end of day, all I ask from a hospital are three things: 1) competent personnel; 2) a genuine regard for the patient's rights and welfare, as reflected by a functioning sytem; and 3) not to nickel-and-dime us to death.

Under this standard, I'd return to CSMC again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to leave your name so I can appreciate your comments better. Select "Name/URL" from the "Comment as" pulldown window below. A separate window will pop up where you can enter your name. Thanks!